Listing on Australian Music Teachers Register implies an acceptance of these membership rules
Introduction to our Membership Rules
Membership is for individuals and organisations in Australia that provide services such as music lessons and accompaniment, and wish to promote these services on the internet.
General Membership Rules
- You will not use this service in an attempt to trick, cheat or deceive anyone.
- The information you supply must be true and correct.
- Your membership account (i.e. not your public profile) must provide a contact first name and surname, as well as a valid email address and telephone number. These details are only used for administrtative purposes and are never divulged to any third parties nor publicly displayed on our website.
- Members may not list duplicate entries for the same school using different accounts.
- We reserve the right to refuse membership and the right to suspend or discontinue membership if a member abuses the service or does not adhere to the rules of membership.
- We reserve the right to alter, change or remove anything on the website. This includes changing the appearance of content and removing details supplied by members.
- At no time will we be held responsible or accountable for service downtime, website unavailability, accuracy of details, change of service, or anything else regarding this service.
- If you have any questions regarding the Rules of membership, please contact Australian Music Teachers Register via our Contact Us page.
Termination of Access to the Member Secure Zone
- If your access is terminated, your member profile will be removed from our website.
Premium Membership Payment Terms and Conditions
Profile Naming Conventions and Rules
- Your profile name must begin with your trading name.
- Your profile name may not be prefixed with any characters or digits that do not form part of your company trading name (if applicable) or your personal name.
- Your profile name may not be prefixed with the name of the instrument(s) that you teach.
- Your profile name may not be prefixed with the name of the region(s) within which you teach.
We reserve the right to change profile names when they do not conform to the above naming convetions.
Please read our tips to create the ideal music teacher profile for further information about ideal profile names.
Why we have these naming conventions and rules
Standard member profiles appear in search results in alphabetic order.
- As a result, often Standard members prefix their profile names with letters or numerals to improve their position in search results.
- This compromises the integrity of our music teacher directory.
- If your profile name is low down in the alphabet, Premium Membership may be what you are looking for!
The following are examples of profile names which do not conform to our naming conventions:
- A Guitar teacher - Carolyn Trickett
- AAA Piano Teacher - Carolyn Trickett
- Drum Teacher Carolyn Trickett
The following are examples of profile names which conform to our naming conventions:
- Carolyn Trickett School of Music
- Carolyn Trickett - Piano Teacher
- Carolyn Trickett - Adelaide Violin Music Teacher
Keeping Your Profile Up to Date
- Members must keep their profile up to date and ensure their details and all information provided is current.
- As such, if you are a standard (free) member and have not updated your profile within a six month period, your profile will be disabled.
- We will, however, first send you an email notifying you of this and give you an opportunity to log in and verify that your profile is up to date.
Rules Pertaining to Material Submitted
- Copyright material may only be submitted with the owners consent. This includes changing the appearance of content and removing details supplied by members.
- Offensive or inappropriate material is not permitted.
- Registration of your profile requires contact details to be provided.
- We may send you an email every now and then.
- When we do, it is always relevant to your membership.
- If you are a standard (free) member and unsubscribe from our email list, your membership will be cancelled as allowing us to send you an email from time to time is a condition of membership.
- If you are a Premium Member and unsubscribe from our email list, your membership will NOT be cancelled - but we would be most disappointed as we send important membership updates and expiry reminders via our email subscription.
Optional - but Ideal
Ideally, teachers registering on this service should have some form of Police Clearance, Working With Children Check and/or State Music Teacher Registration - whichever is applicable to you and within your State at the time.
Changes to Rules of Membership
From time to time, we may make changes or additions to or delete any part of the Rules of Membership without the consent of Members.
Changes to the Rules of Membership, if made, shall be deemed to have been accepted by all Members after the changes are published on this website for two weeks.
Last updated: 13-Nov-2017 04:34 PM