Live Online Lessons Available
Inspire - Educate - Play: Fostering a lifelong love of music.
What Clients Have To Say ...
About Deborah Wirsu
Deborah Wirsu is a highly experienced teacher of Viola and Violin, having taught since the 1980s, both in her private studio and schools, including 14 years as String Co-ordinator at Melbourne Grammar School Grimwade House. Students of Deborah's have gone on to professional careers, while others achieve extremely high standards, continuing to enjoy playing as adults who have chosen to follow alternative careers.
As a specialist Violist, Deborah focuses her viola tuition on promoting the viola as both a solo and orchestral instrument. She enjoys teaching students of any age the violin or viola and has a special interest in giving new and continuing players a solid foundation in technique and musicianship. Deborah has proven ability to communicate and engage with younger players and adults, allowing them to develop both a love of music and the necessary skills to progress to a high level.
Lessons are tailored around the student's age and prior knowledge. Enjoyment in playing, the development of a sound technique, and musicianship are key focus areas.
Lessons are held in my home, or online via Skype, Zoom, or Facetime, as required. Deborah is qualified to teach and holds an ATMusA.
My aim is to develop 'well-rounded' musicians with an understanding of all aspects of music. I believe it is important for students to learn:
- The technical requirements of playing an instrument,
- The development of music through the ages, gaining insight into stylistic changes over the years and how that affects performance,
- A knowledge of music theory and musicianship,
- Participation in ensembles, community music, or ultimately, professional orchestras.
- Deborah spent 14 years as a professional, full-time member of Orchestra Victoria (Opera and Ballet Orchestra),
- Is an active participant in many Melbourne music ensembles and orchestras,
- Is currently Principal Viola with the Melbourne Opera Orchestra.
Melbourne, Melbourne East, Melbourne Inner, Melbourne South East
Malvern, Caulfield, Hawthorn, Camberwell, Prahran, St Kilda, Carnegie, or online – anywhere.
Teacher's Home, Student's Home, Live Online Lessons.
Instruments and Subjects
Styles and Specialities
AMEB Exams, ABRSM Exams, Adult Learning, Ensemble work.
Qualifications and Experience
Last updated: 13-Jul-2020 10:17 AM