GuitarStart - Guitar and Ukulele lessons for Individuals and Groups
The most important thing about music is to enjoy it! I can help you or your child to learn and enjoy music
What Clients Have To Say ...
Love Music? Do you want to learn your favourite songs, play in a band, or become a future music idol?
The guitar is the instrument of choice for many famous musicians, and for people who just love music and want to sing and play along to their favourite songs.
The GuitarStart program with experienced local teacher and musician, Des Mahoney, can help you reach your musical goals.
Do you want to learn a simple, easy to play instrument that’s lots of fun? Ukuleles are perfect for beginning musicians! They are smaller, have only 4 strings, and are a simple and enjoyable introduction to learning a musical instrument.
Experienced local teacher and musician, Des Mahoney, can help you on your way to develop your life-long joy of Music:
- A qualified TAFE teacher with 15 years experience (Swinburne TAFE Teacher of the Year Award 2006); with a love for Music. A guitar player since the age of 14, Des is now combining his love of Music & Teaching in providing Guitar and Ukulele Lessons to the local community. Ukulele lessons can also be provided for Team-Buildiing & Staff Development activities for Businesses & Community/Public Service Organisations.
- Current Working with Children check .
- Des has taught guitar at TAFE; Community Houses / Neighbourhood Houses; and to private students. He has played and sung at local Churches, and has accompanied other musicians in CD recordings; played in bush, jazz, and party bands; and sung and played guitar at various Charity gigs and local Cafés.
- Learnt classical piano at an early age, studied Music at High School, sang in the NSW annual Choral Concerts choir; and in a solo group at the Sydney Opera House Choral Concerts.
- A lifelong learner, Des is currently studying advanced classical & acoustic guitar.
Melbourne, Melbourne East, Melbourne Inner, Melbourne North, Melbourne North East, Melbourne South, Melbourne South East, Melbourne Other
Vermont, Vermont South, Mitcham, Nunawading, Heathmont, Rangeview, Heatherdale, Wantirna, Ringwood, Forest Hill, Wantirna South, Blackburn, Glen Waverley, Burwood East
Teacher's Home, Teacher's Music School, Teacher's Studio, Student's Home, Other.
Instruments and Subjects
Guitar, Guitar Acoustic, Ukulele
Music Craft, Music Therapy, Musicianship, Theory.
Styles and Specialities
Blues, Country, Folk, Irish, Modern, Pop, Traditional
Adult Learning, Technique
School Instrumental Teaching
Qualifications and Experience
Certificate 4 in Training & Assessment
Last updated: 25-Mar-2021 02:50 PM