Live Online Lessons Available Music Teacher Viola, Violin
"My aim is to nurture and develop the most complete musicians at all stages of their musical journey."
The String School provides violin, viola and music theory lessons for all ages and levels, from the absolute beginner to advanced student.
- Learn from a fully qualified, dedicated, specialist violin and viola teacher with more than 22 years of playing experience and over a decade of teaching expertise!
- Lessons are tailored to the individual for the most enjoyable, productive and rewarding experience
- Combining the best of the old and the new: tried and tested teaching methods with a fresh and innovative approach
- 30, 45 minute and 1 hour lessons available.
About the method (pedagogy):
- Foundation in the traditional classical method, focusing on correct playing technique, intonation, tone, musicality and expression
- Development of a keen musical ear through specific aural training, incorporated into weekly lessons
- Fast-track your learning: Understand music theory and learn to read notes without the confusion - it really is straight forward if you learn it right!
Where can this take you?
- Successfully prepare for AMEB exams, HSC/VCE Music and Auditions with an experienced and dedicated teacher
- Be free to fully explore your instrument and repertoire - traditional classical and contemporary streams available:
- Classical: AMEB, Suzuki, etc. Baroque to 20th Century repertoire
- Contemporary: Explore an array of styles including Jazz, Celtic, Folk, Gypsy, Pop, Rock, Metal… the possibilities are limitless!
- Develop independent thinking and confidence at all levels
- Set realistic goals and work towards achieving them with support and guidance at each step along the way.
Natasha Ivanovic is a professional violinist and teacher with 22 years of playing experience, the past 10 of which have been spent actively teaching violin, viola and (formerly) piano. She recently received First Class Honours in her Bachelor of Music, under the tutelage of renowned teachers Wilma Smith and Rachael Beesley. During this degree she was fortunate enough to not only study classical performance with Wilma at a postgraduate level, but also specialise in early music and historical performance with Rachael, in addition to performing in various chamber music and orchestral ensembles. Having previously completed her Associate of Music Australia (A.MusA) Diploma on Violin in 2007, and a Bachelor of Popular Music Degree in 2013, Natasha has gained experience and expertise in a multitude of areas of violin playing and music more broadly, making her a very versatile performer and teacher.
She has full registration as a member of the VMTA (Victorian Music Teachers Association) and holds a current Working With Children Check. While she now focuses on her private studio, specialising in individual tuition on violin for students of all ages (four to adult) and levels (beginners to advanced), Natasha previously taught violin, viola and piano at several Melbourne schools. She has extensive experience teaching the AMEB and VCE syllabus, with students consistently achieving great results in exams (an average grade of Honours), and continuing to meet and exceed their own personal goals. Natasha regularly performs professionally as a classical and contemporary violinist/violist, as well as working in recording studios as a session musician. She is trained in audio engineering and production, and is a proficient songwriter, composer and arranger of music.