Guitar Acoustic, Piano Music Teacher
What Clients Have To Say ...
- I am a fully registered teacher and have a wide experience in music education at a professional level. I have a background in classroom and instrumental music teaching along with arranging and composition.
- I am a performer in a number of groups that are active in Adelaide and am director and arranger for a community choir.
- I studied music performance and composition at Elder Conservatorium. (University of Adelaide).
- My methodology and philosophy of music education are focused on developing a thorough grounding in technique, musicianship and relevant theory. At the same time I am equally concerned with engaging the imagination of the student, instilling a sense of achievement and motivation, and fostering a developing love for music.
- Learning an instrument must be pleasurable; it can be challenging but remain fun and I encourage exploration and creativity in all my students including improvisation, composition and experimentation.
- I am flexible in my approach to teaching, tailoring this to the individual.
- I work with all ages and aspirations and embrace a diversity of musical styles.
- I am knowledgeable about music teaching at a secondary level and promote the use of technology as an aid to learning.
- I support students who wish to take AMEB performance and theory examinations.
- I encourage my students to see music and learning as a developing expression of themselves and as a primary agent for personal achievement, for growing confidence and for self worth; and while developing performance skills is central to learning an instrument, music as an agent for social cohesion and psychological buoyancy remains as a central part of my values and approach to teaching.
Instruments and Subjects
Guitar Acoustic, Piano
Styles and Specialities
Blues, Classical, Contemporary, Jazz
Improvisation, Jazz Theory.
Lesson Format and School Activities
School Classroom Teaching (Fully-trained), School Instrumental Teaching
Qualifications and Experience
B Mus with a Dip. Ed
State / Government Registration
7 to 77
Last updated: 18-Feb-2018 03:32 PM