Vibrant Strings Music Tuition - Susan E. Lord
Live Online Lessons Available
Creative music tuition: All ages: Violin, Piano, Cello, Viola, theory, music therapy, groups, community.
What Clients Have To Say ...
- Susan Lord has over 39 years of teaching experience in public and private schools and private practice. Susan uses Classical Traditional, Creative and Suzuki methods.
- Susan teaches excellent technical skill and sound quality on violin, piano, and cello/viola.
- While under normal conditions face to face learning is preferable, in the current situation, Online tuition is offered and is proving a great option for developing greater student responsibility, independent learning, and parental involvement.
- She offers a wide variety of styles and syllabi, including Traditional classical AMEB, Suzuki, and Folk, developing both individual performance and string ensembles including family groups.
- Susan can cater to multiple levels and abilities. She specializes in teaching young children from three years up to adult. Diverse abilities and special needs are catered for using collaborative and 'Narrative Therapy' techniques to match each child, family and situation.
- Theory, note-reading skills, and accompanying are offered.
- Susan believes that people develop their sense of self through creative self-expression. This is expanded and reinforced through the joy of playing music with others. She believes strongly in the healing power of music and its ability to facilitate personal growth and the development of the individual voice. An imaginative collaborative playful approach enables students to create their own very personal musical learning journey, within a supportive environment, strengthening confidence, sense of self and a valuable sense of community. Peer group interaction and family support greatly enhance musical progress, personal awareness and connection which combats isolation and mental health issues.
- The intensity of playing music with others stimulates all parts of the brain, developing musical skills, general interpersonal awareness, sensitivity to others and self-confidence.
- Susan is a qualified narrative family therapist and registered nurse. She can offer individual, family and music therapy.
- Susan is guided by Alexander and yogic principles in teaching how the body is used for string and piano playing.
Melbourne, Melbourne Inner, Melbourne North, Melbourne North West, Melbourne West
North Melbourne, Inner Melbourne, West Melbourne, Footscray, Brunswick, Ascot Vale , Essendon, Maribyrnong, Kensington, Flemington, Carlton, Fitzroy, Collingwood, Kew, Hawthorn, Clifton Hill, St. Kilda, South Melbourne, Yarraville, Richmond.
Teacher's Home, Teacher's Studio, Live Online Lessons.
Instruments and Subjects
Cello, Keyboard, Mandolin, Piano, Viola, Violin
Aural Training, Composition, Harmony, Improvisation, Theory.
Styles and Specialities
Classical, Contemporary, Folk, Irish, Jazz, Traditional
Adult Learning, AMEB Exams, Arranging, Composition, Ensemble work, Gifted Children, Improvisation, Percussion Group, Performances, Sight Reading, Special Needs Children, Suzuki Method, Technique
Lesson Format and School Activities
One-on-One Lessons, Group Lessons
Pre-Schooler Teaching, School Instrumental Teaching
Qualifications and Experience
B.Mus Melb.Uni; Masters of Narrative Therapy and community work-Melbourne Uni; Suzuki Music Teacher Training Japan & Melbourne; RN Div1
A little Japanese, some French..
Last updated: 10-Apr-2020 10:50 PM