Hello, my name is Grace Klomklieng of Merry Melodies.
I am a caring, patient and encouraging teacher, who always strives to bring out the best in my students. I feel very fortunate to have been able to combine my passion for singing with my love of teaching.
Merry Melodies welcomes singers of all abilities and ages and offers:
– individual or group lessons
– affordable 60 minute lessons
– a positive and nurturing learning environment
– specialist in teaching children, ages 4 and up
– extensive experience teaching adults
– considerable experience teaching children with special needs
Merry Melodies can help with:
– improving your voice
– vocal control / technique
– learning breath control
– enhancing your vocal health
– song interpretation / emotion
– learning how to audition
– boosting your confidence
– music theory
– music performance / performing on stage
For individual or group lesson rates, please contact me. Merry Melodies also offers excellent value on lesson packages. Please contact me for details. Gift vouchers are also available.
I look forward to helping you on your singing journey!
Merry Melodies | It’s time to sing!
I began studying singing when I was 10 years old. At 16, I had my first job working for Yamaha Music School in Bangkok, teaching young children and teens. During this time I was also busy giving singing lessons to children from my local neighbourhood, and it was at this point I knew I wanted to become a professional singing teacher.
After a successful audition, I was fortunate to be accepted into the prestigious Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts at Burapha University in Chon Buri, Thailand where I classically trained in opera singing and performance. I attained a Bachelor of Fine and Applied Arts degree, majoring in Music and Performing Arts. Prior to attending university, I studied for three years under Ms. Maneenuch Smerasut, Thailand’s pre-eminent singing teacher and vocal technique coach.
Despite being trained in Opera as a soprano, I am also an experienced performer in jazz, musicals and pop music. Throughout my career I have performed in numerous musicals, recitals and concerts in Thailand:
– Member (soloist) in the Burapha Symphony Orchestra
– Member (soloist) in the Burapha Big Band
– Singer (high soprano) in the Burapha Chorus
– Member of Secret & Secular Ensemble
– Live concert singing of songs from the musicals Phantom of the Opera, West Side Story and Song & Dance
– Performer in numerous Burapha Music and Performing Arts Festivals
I have worked for a number of renowned singing schools and academies in Thailand, including Yamaha Music School (Bangkok), Yamaha Music School (Pattaya) and Superstar Academy International Music and Performing Arts School (Bangkok). I have also worked as a freelance opera singer. performing at weddings, receptions and private functions.
In my formative years, I competed in a number of singing competitions, including winning To Be Number One, a highly regarded Thai classical singing contest, where I was awarded first prize for my performance of one of His Majesty King Bhumipol Adulyadej’s songs, ‘H.M. Blues’. The award was presented by Her Royal Highness, Princess Ubolratana Rajakanya of Thailand, a passionate supporter of Thai arts and culture. I also won first prize in the Star Maker Singing Contest for my performance of ‘Unexpected Song’ from the musical Song & Dance and was also awarded a Silver Prize at the Yamaha Music Festival for my solo vocal performance (accompanied by piano) of ‘Desperado’ by the Eagles.