Keyboard, Piano, Voice Music Teacher and Accompanist
I am a fully registered teacher with thirty years teaching experience, in the classroom and studio, at both primary and secondary levels. This experience has included both setting up and administering an instrumental music program and teaching private VCE piano students. I am energetic and enthusiastic and apply the latest thinking in piano/voice teaching in my lessons. I am skilled at motivating all ages, from prep to retirees (wanting to learn for interest) and will teach anything from Bach to Boogie.
These are my teaching strengths:
• A keyboard technique that uses the natural weight of the fingers and arms for tone production, which allows greater mobility, speed and depth of tone due to the reduction of tension in the hands.
• The ability to diagnose and correct technical problems in students unable to achieve their performance goals.
• An excellent understanding of musical styles and how to attain those styles physically.
• The integration of theory and performance, through improvisation leading to composition.
• Past success teaching all outcomes of the VCE, including aural tests, analytical essays, preparation of balanced performance programs and technical work.
• A relaxed vocal technique that promotes vocal health by using the natural voice. This leads to greater vocal flexibility, the extension of range and the elimination of register breaks. Beginners to grade 6 AMEB are welcome for voice lessons.
***Concepts in playing by ear and sight reading music are actively taught and reinforce each other.
• All students are exposed to a wide range of styles, from classical to contemporary and reflecting the students’ interests and physical capabilities.
• Students progress rapidly.
I am also available to accompany for exams and eisteddfods and am a fast sight reader, including reading lead sheets.
• Fees: $40.00 for 30 minutes, $57.00 for 45 minutes and $76.00 for an hour, payable by ten week term, in advance.
• Lessons conducted in my home.